Pediatric Urology at Sree Lakshmi Hospitals is committed to providing the highest quality urological care to the children of Arizona and the southwestern United States. Our surgeons are all fully-qualified, fellowship-trained pediatric urologists. They are recognized for their special expertise in treating the urological problems of neonates, infants, children and teenagers.
Most Common Urologic Surgical Procedures:
- Nephrectomy: A surgical removal of a kidney.
- Pyeloplasty: The surgical reconstruction of the renal pelvis (a part of the kidney) to drain and decompress the kidney. In nearly all cases, the goal of the surgery is to relieve a uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction.
- Ureteral reimplants: The original ureter is surgically re-positioned or reimplanted in the bladder wall. The end of the ureter is surrounded by bladder muscle in this new position, which prevents urine from backing up (refluxing) toward the bladder.
- Ureteral stent placement: A thin tube inserted into the ureter to prevent or treat obstruction of the urine flow from the kidney.
- Circumcision: The surgical removal of some or all of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis.
- Cystoscopy: It is an endoscopy of the urinary bladder via the urethra. It is carried out with an instrument called a cystoscope.
- Excision hydrocele
- Hypospadias: The goal of surgical correction is to reconstruct a straight penis with a urethral opening as close to the tip of the penis as possible.
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Orchiopexy: A surgery to move an undescended testicle into the scrotum and permanently fix it there.
- Repair of buried penis/penile torsion/chordee repair